Tuesday, June 12, 2012

highlights and shadows


I've been meaning to give highlights and shadows more attention in my learning process.
In this test, I've added a layer for the charcoal outlines, and another layer for the underlying color of things. It's usually at that layer (the color layer) that I start to add some sense of highlight and shadow.
What I'm experimenting with here, it that I've created two more layers atop the color layer--one being the shadow, set to blend with Color Burn--the other layer adding some yellowish highlights using the blend mode Overlay to add it in.
This is a decent start I would say. I like having the separate layers to control after the matter. The edge on those layers may need to be softened a bit more... not sure. A fun test if nothing else! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment